- The curriculum requirements of B.Tech degree shall consist of a
period of 4 academic years as prescribed in the curriculum.
- The first two semesters will be combined together as first year,
and the remaining three years shall be split into 6 semesters. Examination
will be conducted at the end of the year / semester in subjects prescribed
in the respective scheme of examinations.
- Out of the 8 semester, the 7th semester shall be allotted for afloat
training and assessment of afloat training is done separately.
- The teaching programmes for each semester shall consist of 17 weeks
and that for the first year will consist of 34 weeks.
Eligibility for the degree
- No candidate shall be eligible for the B.Tech degree unless he
has undergone the prescribed course of study for a period of 4 academic
years in the university and has passed the prescribed examinations
in all the semesters.
- The candidates shall complete all requirements for the degree within
a period of 6 academic years from the date of admission to the first
Subjects of study & Scheme of Examinations
- B. Tech degree course will be offered in Marine Engineering discipline.
- The subjects of study and scheme of examination of the discipline
are given separately.
- All semester Examinations are conducted by the University.
- The duration of all University Examinations in theory and practical
shall be of 3 hours.
- Those students who have secured not less than 60% percentage of the aggregates of the total marks of all the eight semesters shall be declared to have passed the B.Tech degree examination in first class.
- All other successful students shall be declared to have passed the B.Tech degree in second class.
- Ranking among the candidates will be limited to those who have passed all the examinations in the first available chance and have secured at least first class.
- Candidates can be permitted to cancel examination in a particular subject of any semester provided he/she applies for cancellation of the examination through the Director within 10 days to the Controller of Examinations. This will not be considered as a chance. But such candidates who have cancelled an examination will not be considered for ranking.
Candidates for admission to the
B.Tech degree courses in Marine Engineering shall be required to possess
the following qualifications:
- The candidates shall have passed the Higher Secondary Examination
(Class XII) of Board of Higher Secondary Examination, Govt. of Kerala
with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as subjects or any other examination
accepted as equivalent thereto by the Cochin University of Science
- The candidates shall have secured a minimum of 60% marks for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together and a minimum of 50% marks in English either in standard X or in XII.
- The candidates shall also satisfy the conditions regarding physical fitness as may prescribed by the University and Director General of Shipping.
- Admission to the course shall be through Common Admission Test (CAT)
conducted by the University for Courses run by schools/colleges under
the CES of CUSAT.
A Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by the Cochin University
of Science and Technology on All India basis. Admission to the course
is purely based on the rank list of CAT and seat availability.